Make your own mask or face covering at home
On April 16, 2020 Governor Andrew Cuomo issued an executive order requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, such as when in grocery stores and pharmacies or when taking public/private transportation and riding in for-hire vehicles.
According to the CDC:
Cloth face coverings should—
• fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
• be secured with ties or ear loops
• include multiple layers of fabric
• allow for breathing without restriction
• be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
For steps on how to make your own mask at home and current guidance on wearing masks from the CDC click here.
Video Tutorial on how to make a face covering from the U.S. Surgeon General.